NEW YORK, July 19, 2011 /PRNewswire/ — Cookstr, the world’s #1 collection of cookbook recipes available online, today launches its first original offering of curated recipe content exclusively on Apple’s iBookstore. Created as a model for Cookstr’s collaboration with book publishers, the company’s iBookstore offering includes curated sets of 10 recipes ($0.99), 50 recipes ($3.99) and 250 recipes ($9.99) that invite readers to choose between whole books or shorter form sets and chapters, to build their own a la carte cookbook and recipe libraries.
Cookstr is honored to present award-winning chef and cookbook author Rozanne Gold’s The 1-2-3 Collection as its premier offering. The 1-2-3 Collection is now available at www.itunes.com/rozannegold for purchase and download on Apple’s iBookstore, available via the free iBooks App for iPad, iPhone and iPod touch, or at www.itunes.com/ibookstore.
Fifteen years ago, Gold started a revolution around the idea of simplicity in cooking. Today, her dynamic three-ingredient recipes, are breaking new ground in a format designed for in-kitchen use. Each recipe is 140 words or less and can be viewed on a single screen, with mouthwatering images and brand new notes by Gold that flow beautifully on the iPad’s stunning display. Gold’s The 1-2-3 Collection is also the first digital cookbook to incorporate Cookstr’s proprietary search standards and technology, currently used by a growing number of America’s leading media, consumer and healthcare brands.
“We believe this platform has the potential to benefit publishers and home cooks alike,” said Cookstr CEO Art Chang. “We are using technology to enable publishers to sell a wide variety of books and booklets created from the best recipes in their catalogs and upcoming books. Cookstr believes you can maintain the highest standards for food and nutrition and give the home cook more choices when it comes to quality, curated content. Most importantly, we can continue to reward the cooks and authors who create the recipes, and the publishers behind them who play such a key role in the identification and support of talent.”
The 1-2-3 Collection is comprised of 250 recipes ($9.99), which can also be purchased separately by theme:
- Quick & Easy 1-2-3, a 50-recipe collection ($3.99). Individual 10-recipe chapters are also available for purchase ($0.99), including: “Quick & Easy Mornings,” “Quick & Easy Appetizers,” “Quick & Easy Weeknights,” “Quick & Super Easy” (recipes you can cook with one hand), and “Super Quick & Easy” (recipes you can complete in under 5 minutes).
- Be Well, Take Care 1-2-3, a 50-recipe collection ($3.99). Individual 10-recipe chapters are also available for purchase ($0.99), including: “Be Well, Low Sodium,” “Be Well, Eat Light,” “Be Well, Gluten-Free,” “Be Well, Vegan,” and “Be Well, Healthy Heart.”
- No-Sweat Summer 1-2-3, a 50-recipe collection ($3.99). Individual 10-recipe chapters are also available for purchase ($0.99), including: “Summer Starters,” “Summer Soups,” “Summer Suppers,” “Summer Sides,” and “Summer Sweets.”
- Menus for Entertaining 1-2-3, a 50-recipe collection ($3.99). Individual 10-recipe chapters are also available for purchase ($0.99), including: “BBQ Menu,” “Al Fresco Menu,” “Fiesta Menu,” “Picnic Menu,” and “Labor Day Menu.”
- Dishes by Ingredient 1-2-3, a 50-recipe collection ($3.99). Individual 10-recipe chapters are also available for purchase ($0.99), including: “Poultry Dishes,” “Meat Dishes,” “Fish Dishes,” “Veggie Dishes,” and “Fruit Dishes.”
“The opportunity to create new cooking experiences that embrace technology is exhilarating,” said Gold. “My updated repertoire of three-ingredient recipes relies on fresh, unprocessed ingredients and streamlined techniques presented in a brand new form. The result? The revolutionary 1-2-3 Collection that mixes passion with practicality. It is designed to inspire a new generation of home cooks and professional chefs alike to keep it simple.”
Cookstr develops and delivers innovative products and technologies to market leaders in the media, healthcare and food industries, to support enjoyable and healthy consumer lifestyles focused on quality home cooking. Since its inception, Cookstr has introduced technology innovations that have significantly improved the inspiration and decision-making experience around recipes. Cookstr, founded by Will Schwalbe, and launched in 2008 with Katie Workman and Art Chang, has worked closely with the cookbook publishing industry to build a hand-curated database of thousands of cookbook recipes offered directly to consumers via the Cookstr website, www.cookstr.com. Today, Cookstr’s offering includes recipe curation solutions for the food media market, nutrition solutions for the health and wellness market and mobile solutions for the food publishing market. In addition, Cookstr has developed technologies that can improve expert content management for use in other markets.
About Rozanne Gold
Rozanne Gold is a chef, international restaurant consultant, author, journalist and four-time winner of the James Beard Award. She was the consulting chef to the legendary Rainbow Room and Windows on the World, and helped create three of New York’s three-star restaurants. First chef to New York Mayor Ed Koch at the age of 23, Gold has been known throughout her career for anticipating and inspiring food trends, including “The Minimalist” column in The New York Times, which was based on her cookbook Recipes 1-2-3, and the grazing craze, which was initiated by her cookbook Little Meals. Gold is the author of twelve cookbooks, including the award-winning 1-2-3 series. She was the Entertaining Columnist for Bon Appétit magazine for five years, and has written and produced stories for The New York Times, O Magazine, Gourmet, Real Food and more.